25 replies to this topic

#21 ubercanuck

ubercanuck

Unique Forum Dieity

• UH Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 17 Feb 2007 - 16:49

My Point is, if you are a gamer, even in the first article Vista is Impracticle for you, HOWEVER, if you are not too serious on gaming, then it is a fairly nice system. Also, ubercancuk you are stating that your experience with a BETA program where sub par... L O L. Come the fuck on... its a BETA, and a MICROSOFT BETA at that... ugh. I'm not here selling Vista, but IMHO it is much nicer and easier to use than XP. That was their whole goal, to be even more user-friendly. It is a lot more user friendly, and faster. That instant search is an awesome tool, instead of waiting 45 minutes for it to go through your entire 500 GB HDD, its a lot faster.. I have a 200 GB HDD and it found all Music on my computer in less than 3 seconds... That is pretty damned impressive, seeing as how I have over 20 GBs of music on here.

*Sigh* Overall, you guys are bashing shit you haven't tried... Its a waste of my time and energy to even try to prove a point to someone who refuses to test a product before giving it a review. Meh, Its the way Trevor thinks, so there is nothing I can do to change his thought process, he thinks he is infalable... (pardon my spelling) and refuses to admit that he makes mistakes... Thats just plain ignorance if you ask me, and its down right annoying.

I can see your points, I can see where you come off with it being "Bloatware", but you are still over exaggerating it... as well as crying over HDD when you have more than you will ever use.

Pretty lame if you ask me... about as lame as Bill Gates Quotes from the 80's... but at least he can admit that he was wrong... you guys on the other hand can't, because you think it makes your e-Penis bigger and shows that your e-Balls have dropped.

First off you act like a child as you feel the need to use profanity to convery your ideas. Secondly i have used both the RC-1, rc-2 which are beta. but i also have used the RTM which IS NOT BETA. RTM is the same version of vista ultimate that is released to manufacturer for mass production i still wasn't impressed with the RTM release. Now i am sure when ms finally stops supporting xp i will be forced to upgrade for my gaming addiction. But seeing as my current linux installation has more eye candy then you can shake a stick at i don't feel the need to run another windows OS that is incompatible with most of my programs. Nor will i recommend it to anyone as the requested price is way more than it needs to be. i mean come on 1300 bucks for just windows and office. that is starting to get near the cost of MSDN subscriptions. I would also respectfully ask SaSa that you only reply to this comment if you can keep your potty mouth out of the forum as it only detracts from this thread.
Opteron 165 @ 2.4 GHZ
Asus A8N32-SLI
ATI X1900XT
Antec Neo HE 500
2GB OCZ XTC PC3500
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA II x4

#22 Dalponis

Dalponis

Hardware Master

• [UH]Unique Staff
  • 850 posts

Posted 21 Feb 2007 - 22:30

One great new feature of Windows Vista is the all new protected mode. It will stop applications from touching the registry while in 'protected mode'. Sadly they still do.

av-1_sig.png
No Kitty Kibble Shortage, Officials Insist; Kitties Sceptical

#23 ubercanuck

ubercanuck

Unique Forum Dieity

• UH Contributors
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 Feb 2007 - 15:58

Why am i not surprised. Don't forget the extremely annoying UAE feature that is utterly pointless.
Opteron 165 @ 2.4 GHZ
Asus A8N32-SLI
ATI X1900XT
Antec Neo HE 500
2GB OCZ XTC PC3500
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA II x4

#24 Stratz Sfear

Stratz Sfear

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 Mar 2007 - 01:28

i dont have time to argue all the merits behind my reason, but I will never upgrade to vista on anything more than a test machine. If that. I stand against almost everything behind vista.

Vista accomplished 2 good things. Better TCP/IP stack, and the feature where you can use a usb memory stick as the place for your paging file (constand random lookup instead of hard drives seeking).

THe rest is utter, rediculous, garbage.

#25 Dalponis

Dalponis

Hardware Master

• [UH]Unique Staff
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 Sep 2007 - 17:08

Posted Image

av-1_sig.png
No Kitty Kibble Shortage, Officials Insist; Kitties Sceptical

#26 Dalponis

Dalponis