• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dalponis

Dalponis

Hardware Master

• [UH]Unique Staff
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2007 - 17:48

Two days ago, deCODE genetics announced the launch of their $985 personal genotyping product, deCODEme, beating their competitors to market. Perhaps not coincidentally, 23andMe's website is suddenly much more informative today, and the New York Times features a preview of 23andMe's $999 offering. deCODEme and 23andMe will scan about a million and 600,000 sites across the genome, respectively and assess your risk for common diseases, along with providing information about ancestry, physical traits, and the ability to compare genes with friends and family.

Read about the announcement here:
http://www.thegeneticgenealogist.com/2007/...ffered-for-985/

av-1_sig.png
No Kitty Kibble Shortage, Officials Insist; Kitties Sceptical

#2 Dalponis

Dalponis

Hardware Master

• [UH]Unique Staff
  • 846 posts

Posted 18 Nov 2007 - 18:00

I never felt so frightened from science before. You hear people saying all this technology is evil since god blah blah... This has nothing to do with make-believe beings... I mean religion.

---

I'm thirty, I want insurance, and they tell me I need to get Gene sequenced first. They don't want to insure me if I'm not expected to live long.

Why would any big company waste all that time and money to train me, when I'm more likely to die than someone else? Hire someone with a good gene slate.

Ever see the movie Gattaca? It's already the not to distance future.

av-1_sig.png
No Kitty Kibble Shortage, Officials Insist; Kitties Sceptical

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users